Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feeding Frenzy on Amelie Mauresmo


The sharks have smelled the blood in the water and are closing in for the kill.

Will Amelie Mauresmo retire?

That's called a "story question," a "hook." You're the fish.

Now I just speculate no end that she will retire. I keep hounding her with questions about whether "this just finished match" has made her finally decide to quit.

No? How come then?

And so, like a pack of hunting hounds we press on, pursuing her through the season, nipping at her heels.

All this makes you, dear Reader salivate. Ah, the suspense.

Close your eyes. You are getting very sleepy. Very very sleepy. You are feeling a very strong need to know the answer to this story question: Will Mauresmo retire. A very strong need to know the future.

So, tune in tommorrow! when our advertizers will pay us to supply you with - the answer? No, just more of this suspense.

Then we will leave you hanging again, so that you tune in the following day. Get it? Good for circulation.

Mauresmo is easy prey for this sport. Cut it out, will ya Amelie? You have a perfect right to keep your own counsel = a perfect right not to tell the inquisitors what you think about a thing. It's your right to privacy. In every presser, punch the first shark that comes at you in the snout. It works. It really works.

I started to play better in the second set and there were times when I played some good tennis," she said.

"There were still probably a few things here and there which cost me that second set, and I didn't play the tie-break as I expected, but she came up with some good shots when she needed them."

But that kind of wimpy reply is just asking for more.

You know, I just don't get this. When I see that invitation to debate the "issue" of what she should decide, I think, "How presumptuous of me it would be to do that! Moreover, what do I care? That's up to her."

To think that I should even have an opinion on the matter is beyond me. It is none of my business.

One wonders about those who are never busy with their own business and always busy with somebody else's business, which is none of their damned business. Hmmm.

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home