Friday, August 25, 2006

US Open Cheesehead Predictions

What? If you blog tennis, you must make predictions? Oh, yikes.

This reminds me of the first time I got in a football pool. I was a first-year teacher in St. Paul, and the Packers were playing the Vikings that week. I made my picks on pure instinct, not having really kept up with the NFL that year. And of course I picked the Packers! Just to be in-their-Minnesota-faces (though the Packers were weak and the Vikings looked great that year). Plus, Chicago hadn't won a game in so long, I figured it was about time for them to beat some hot team.

Ha-HA! my collegues were stunned. (I celebrated by driving across the border to get some good cheese.)


So, let's see what my crystal ball says. . .

Semis:
Mauresmo vs. Sharapova
Henin-Hardenne vs. Kuznetsova

Finals:
Mauresmo vs Hennin-Hardenne

Semis:
Federer vs This is a crapshoot. Murray or Haas? Murray.
Agassi vs Nadal

Finals:
Federer vs Agassi

Okay, now go ahead -- laugh!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home