Sunday, June 24, 2007

Snapshot of Richard Williams

It's been long since I did a player profile. Frankly, no idea for one has grabbed me ... till I got the idea to do one on Richard Williams.

But, as I went back through all that stuff, I quickly lost interest. That isn't what I see as the most significant thing about him. In fact, all the noise about him is a distraction from the most significant thing about him.

Here is a man from a slum area who learned all he could from library books and other publications about tennis and coached his two kids to the top of the game!

Oooooh! So much for needing experts at $40 to $65 an hour.

I bet no one ever overheard Venus and Serena's parents going around saying that "That is a $50,0000 backhand."

Another cherished myth bites the dust.

Technorati Tags:

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home